Creating a Great Frozen Drink!
Whether it is the heat of summer, or the explosion of food and beverage videos on TikTok and Instagram, frozen drinks now account for most sales in most coffee shops. They appeal to customers looking for more than their hot coffee on the way to the office, offering treats that appeal across nearly every customer demographic you can imagine.
And as one of the most popular new product areas, frozen drinks help drive traffic across all parts of the business day and all seasons of the year. Millennial and Gen Z consumers have driven this trend, with marketing research giants Mintel suggesting that more than 60% of Gen Z customers prefer frozen or cold drinks to brewed coffee.
Coffeetalk Magazine says that iced blended drinks have one of the highest profit margins in a coffee house, with an average margin more than 200% greater than a cup of brewed coffee. And with the explosion of flavored beverages—both hot and cold—frozen drinks are a staple menu item that drives traffic, introduces new customers to your products, and offers an alternative menu choice for visitors who may not want a hot coffee beverage.
But what takes this larger customer base and makes them into repeat customers for your expanded menu offerings? Like every aspect of your menu, the answer can be boiled down into one word: quality.
A quality frozen drink requires good equipment, but it also depends on the quality of the drink recipe and its main ingredients.
The key to maximizing profits is to offer a broad number of menu choices built upon versatile foundational ingredients. Polar Powder by Frozenta serves as the versatile building block for an unimaginable number of flavor combinations, and can be used with your existing syrups and sauces to create a broad menu tailored to the community you love and serve.
There are many qualities that make a frozen drink a great and refreshing treat, but some of the most important include:
- The quality of your ingredients will make a big difference in the taste of your frozen drink. Use fresh flavorful ingredients, including real fruit, and real fruit juices, your own gourmet coffees, and similarly high-quality ingredients whenever possible.
- A frozen drink should be smooth and creamy, with a slightly icy texture. It should not be too thick or too thin. Drinks based on coffee should use the same base so your baristas can easily make multiple, customized beverages from a small set of simple ingredients. Similarly, use consistent high-quality fruits, syrups and flavorings.
- The right balance of sweetness, acidity, and bitterness. A good frozen drink should be balanced in terms of flavor. It should be sweet enough to be enjoyable, but not too sweet that it becomes cloying. It should also have a bit of acidity to cut through the sweetness, and a touch of bitterness to add complexity.
- A fun presentation. A frozen drink is more than just a beverage. It's also an experience. Make sure your frozen drinks are presented in a fun and inviting way. To elevate the presentation and add extra flavor, you can top your frozen coffee drink with whipped cream, chocolate shavings, cocoa powder, cinnamon, or a drizzle of many of Frozenta- branded syrups. These toppings can enhance the visual appeal and provide additional taste experiences. Use colorful glasses, garnishes, and straws to add some personality to your drinks. Garnish with fresh fruit for fruit-flavored beverages. With the explosion of reels and other short-form video social media posts, a happy customer and their visually appealing drink can end up being a powerful marketing tool for your coffee shop.
With our experience in creating recipes, and with a consistent product based on Polar Powder or our fruit smoothie mixes, Frozenta is a valuable partner in helping you create frozen drinks that drive business, build your customer base, and increase your bottom line not just in summer, but year-round.
Frozenta’s universal base polar powder can help you create the best frozen drinks your customers have ever tasted!! Try it yourself absolutely free of charge by requesting the Frozenta’s Mocha Sample Kit. The drink combinations and possibilities with their powder are endless. Get your free brain freeze by the following:
- Go to Frozenta.com/beginbrainfreeze
- Create an Account
- Add the Mocha Sample Kit to your Cart
- Use the promo code "BrainFREEze" at checkout