Get Your Customers to Promote Your Coffee Shop?
As much as we like to use today’s sophisticated technologies to grow our businesses, there are some business standards that are always in fashion. In the food and beverage market segment, that means paying special attention to every aspect of the customer experience.
Today’s customers are both mobile and vocal, and a good customer experience means that they can become a powerful partner to help promote your local coffee shop. And as a business owner, you have several tools at your disposal that can subtly encourage them to take that step.
The most obvious is the mainstay of any food service establishment: you must offer excellent customer service. Make sure you and your staff are friendly, attentive, and helpful to every customer who walks through your doors. Their visit may be their first, so a clean and welcoming shop, staffed by attentive and positive people, makes that first impression a positive one.
Part of the customer experience that is often overlooked is the entire atmosphere of a café space. Simply, people are more likely to promote a coffee shop that they enjoy spending time in. Make sure your coffee shop has comfortable seating, good lighting, and a pleasant ambiance. Some cafes have even gone so far as to install HVAC-based scent delivery systems, pairing subtle fragrance with the mood that their space is designed to evoke.
Once the customer is comfortable in your space, the next step is to make them feel valued. Offer them a reward for their patronage and loyalty. Offer incentives to customers who promote your coffee shop, such as a discount on their next purchase or a free drink. This can encourage them to share their positive experiences with others.
Just as you use social media to bring people to your shop, customers should be incentivized to use social media to share their excellent experience. Encourage your customers to follow you on social media and to share their experiences with their friends and followers. Don’t forget to ask them to leave a review on your Facebook page, Google Maps or Yelp. Positive reviews can help to attract new customers and encourage existing customers to come back.
Encourage them to share photos of your coffee shop on social media. Visual content is a great way to promote your coffee shop and get people talking about it. And develop signage that encourages them to use a hashtag specific to your business, or your location, which will help attract the interest of local social media browsers.
Make sure that your doors aren’t just open to sell coffee. Consider hosting events such as open mic nights, book clubs, or trivia nights, all of which can create a sense of community around your coffee shop.
Sponsoring local events and organizations is a great way to drive traffic to your coffee shop and increase your visibility in the community. Here are a few ideas to consider:
- Local sports teams: Consider sponsoring a local sports team or league. This could be a youth league, an adult league, even a recreational league. Capitalize on what’s popular in your area. If young adults play kickball after work, sponsor a kickball team. You can offer to provide coffee for the team or sponsor a post-game event at your coffee shop.
- Charity events: Partner with local charities and organizations to host events that benefit the community. You could offer to provide coffee for a fundraising event or donate a portion of your sales to a local cause.
- Local festivals and events: Sponsor a local festival or event in your community. This could be a music festival, food festival, or art fair. You can offer to provide coffee for the event or set up a booth to sell your coffee. Consider partnering with other local businesspeople in complimentary fields to do this on a regular basis.
- School events: Partner with local schools to sponsor events such as parent-teacher conferences, back-to-school nights, or school fundraisers. You can offer to provide coffee for these events, or even host an event at your coffee shop for parents and teachers.
Remember, sponsoring local events and organizations is not only a great way to drive traffic to your coffee shop, but it's also a way to give back to your community and build relationships with your customers.
Finally, There are several strategies you can use to encourage local office workers to visit your coffee shop:
- Offer discounts: You can offer discounts to office workers during specific times of the day, such as morning and afternoon rush hours, to encourage them to stop by your coffee shop on their way to and from work.
- Promote your menu: Highlight the unique and delicious items on your menu on social media or through flyers or brochures in local offices. Make sure to include items that can be easily taken to go, such as coffee and breakfast items.
- Provide a welcoming environment: Make sure your coffee shop is clean, comfortable, and inviting, with plenty of seating, free Wi-Fi, and a relaxed atmosphere that encourages customers to linger.
- Partner with local businesses: Collaborate with nearby businesses, such as coworking spaces, to offer joint promotions or discounts to their members.
- Advertise locally: Utilize local advertising channels such as social media, local newspapers or magazines, flyers, billboards, or radio ads to increase your visibility and reach out to local office workers.
By implementing these strategies, you can encourage local office workers to choose your coffee shop as their go-to destination for their coffee and food needs.
Frozenta’s polar powder can help you create drinks your customers will love and want to share with all of their friends. The drink possibilities are ednless with their universal base polar powder. Try it yourself absolutely free of charge by requesting the Frozenta’s Mocha Sample Kit. You can create the best frozen drinks your customers have ever tasted and they'll want to share their experience over their social media accounts. Just do the following steps:
- Go to Frozenta.com/beginbrainfreeze
- Create an Account
- Add the Mocha Sample Kit to your Cart
- Use the promo code "BrainFREEze" at checkout